This year, watchmakers have pulled out all the stops to create timepieces showcasing both contemporary styling and enduring appeal. No matter the technology employed, however, well-made watches aren’t rendered obsolete upon the introduction of newer models. As these exceptional luxury timepieces prove, today’s in-demand accessories are tomorrow’s cherished classics.
Rolex Pearlmaster 34
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Pearlmaster 34 is one of Rolex’s crowning jewelry watches. Its diamond-paved dial is a work of art in itself, and Rolex’s gem-setters have painstakingly worked to achieve the precise alignment and orientation of these stones. Moreover, like sculptors, they’ve expertly carved the dial’s precious metal — an exclusive 18-karat pink gold alloy patented by Rolex and cast in its own foundry — to hand-shape the seat in which each gem is perfectly lodged.
The Pearlmaster 34 is also Rolex‘s first model to be equipped their new Syloxi hairspring. It delivers the supremely precise, self-winding caliber 2236 movement you expect from a certified Swiss chronometer. And we can’t forget that this remarkable timepiece features one of Rolex’s most distinctive and recognizable enhancements: their date-magnifying Cyclops lens.
- Bezel: Set with diamonds.
- Bracelet: Diamond-set Pearlmaster, rounded five-piece links.
- Caliber: 2236, manufactured by Rolex.
- Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date.
- Functions: Center hour, minute and second hands. Instantaneous date with rapid setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting.
- Model Case: Oyster, 34 mm, Everose gold and diamonds.
- Movement: Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding.
- Power Reserve: 55 hours (approximately).
- Water-resistance: Waterproof to 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Winding: Bidirectional self-winding via perpetual rotor.
- Winding Crown: Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system.
Jaeger-LeCoultre Geophysic Tourbillon Universal Time
Anyone who loves fine watchmaking will be captivated by the platinum Geophysic Tourbillon Universal Time from Jaeger-LeCoultre. Its Gyrolab balance wheel-driven orbital flying tourbillon animates a map of the world with subtle, sophisticated and scientifically accurate movement.
The watch’s carriage performs a complete rotation each minute, and the orbital flying tourbillon makes one complete turn of the dial every 24 hours, taking the entire dial with it on its diurnal journey. Yet, despite its many intricacies, the Geophysic Tourbillon Universal Time could not be easier to adjust. In fact, all its functions are controlled by a single crown.
Of course, the Geophysic Tourbillon Universal Time is also an object of great beauty. The dial’s silvered continents feature satin-brushed and sunray finishes, while the map’s waters are embellished with a fine, deep blue guilloché motif evocative of ocean waves.
- Bracelet: Leather.
- Caliber: 948.
- Case: Platinum.
- Dial: Blue.
- Functions: Hour and minute, map of the world, tourbillon with ellipse isometer escapement, 24 time-zones, world time.
- Movement: Automatic, self-winding. Components: 375. Vibrations per hour: 28800. Jewels: 42.
- Recto Hands: Bâton à facette.
- Water-resistance: 5 bar.
The Panthère de Cartier
In 1914, Louis Cartier commissioned a watercolor from painter George Barbier. The resulting “Woman With A Panther” enthralled its new owner. That same year, Cartier produced its first timepiece to feature panther motif — a bracelet watch, set with diamonds and onyx. In the years since, the panther has become synonymous with the timeless elegance of Cartier’s designs.
The Panthère de Cartier is an exquisite timepiece that also happens to be a stunning piece of jewelry. Its white gold case, bracelet and crown sparkle with 497 brilliant-cut diamonds. Sword-shaped hands of blued steel sweep its petite square face, and it measures a slim 6 mm in thickness. Arnaud Carrez, Global Marketing Director of Cartier, suggests that women will like to wear the Panthère loose like a bracelet or with a stack of Cartier bracelets.
- Bracelet, Case and Crown: Rhodiumized 18-karat white gold and diamonds totaling 4.12 carats.
- Functions: Hour and minute.
- Movement: Quartz.
- Water-resistance: 3 bar.
Discover our luxury Swiss timepiece collection on your next visit to Eiseman Jewels at NorthPark Center in Dallas.